Home About Me Email me! Subscribe to our feed! crafts and cakes

Fingerprints on the Fridge


Featured on Bird Craft

Bird Crafts

Featured on Simply Sweet Home

Photobucket

Featured on OPT

oneprettything

Creative Itch

Photobucket

UBP 2010

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

Craft Map

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Zebra stripes!!!

Zebra stripes are HOT right now - especially in cake. I'm not usually one that really likes things that have gone overboard in the trendy world, BUT! I love Zebra Stripes on cake!

So I was really excited when my friends daughter picked out a cake with zebra stripes and hot pink! I really really love the way that it turned out - there are a couple flaws that just stand out to me, but overall I LOVE IT!

I actually made this cake last week right after the butterfly cake. To make a VERY long story short - I had a 5 hour drive home and a very sick kid and absolutely NO sleep!

So, based on those circumstances, I am beyond thrilled with how it turned out!

All vanilla cake with butter vanilla buttercream and Satin Ice Fondant - everything is edible. I really liked the topper which really pulled the whole cake together - unfortunately you can't see the sparkly black sugar that covers that #9 in the pictures... trust me it was there!




So - there is my cake! I hope you love it as much as I do (minus that stupid air bubble that I see screaming at me from the top tier!)

NOW - I have a question (ok questionS) -
1. I have been thinking about sharing some of my cake knowledge with you through some tutorials. My questions is - What would you like to learn??????
2. I also have been approached by a company wanting to do a giveaway - I haven't done one yet and I'm a little nervous. If you could register to win anything what would you want to win (besides a million dollars!)?? Kitchen? Baby? gift certificate???? craft supplies?

Let me know what you want and I will try to make it happen for you!

I have another cake to post so stay tuned and get in touch with your inner Batman!

- Janel

Making



6 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I just made a Tinkerbell cake for my daughters 4th birthday this past weekend, my second time using fondant, sooooo fun!

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...beautiful cake! I would love to learn some of your tricks! Did you make the black fondant on your own?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!! Such a great job! I'd love to see some tutorials from you & of course giveaways are awesome too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this cake! If only I was so talented! Of course I would love to learn more about cake decorating. And really, who can go wrong with a giveaway?! I so go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be able to create something as cool as that cake! Wow! What a work of art! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your sweet comments!!!