Home About Me Email me! Subscribe to our feed! crafts and cakes

Fingerprints on the Fridge


Featured on Bird Craft

Bird Crafts

Featured on Simply Sweet Home

Photobucket

Featured on OPT

oneprettything

Creative Itch

Photobucket

UBP 2010

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

Craft Map

Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Friend Debbie

My friend Debbie passed away a couple days ago. Her wake was tonight. I'm really sad. I'm sad for Debbie's husband, I'm sad for her kids, I'm sad for her parents, I'm sad for her sister, I'm sad for her friends.... I'm just sad.

I call Debbie my friend even though I didn't know her that well. I wish I had. She was such an amazing person. I am friends with Debbie's sister and some of Debbie's other close friends who are expecting 400 people for a reception after the funeral tomorrow morning. 400 people will come out to honor her amazing spirit.

Debbie died of breast cancer. Debbie was 31 years old. 31. Debbie left behind a loving husband and 3 small children 6, 4, and 2. She found a lump while doing a self breast exam. She found out that she had stage 3 breast cancer and started chemo. She found out after she started chemo that she was pregnant. Doctors recommended that she terminate the pregnancy to resume her chemo, they told her it was her only chance and that because of the chemo she had already had there would likely be complications with her baby. Debbie quit her chemo and had her third beautiful son. He is perfect, he is wonderful, and there is not one thing wrong with him. Within days of her c-section Debbie had a double mastectomy and for the next 3 years she fought for her life. Debbie is at peace now, she will suffer no more.

So, today I am taking a break from blogging about crafts to honor Debbie and her memory and to remind each of you - do your self breast exams, live your lives with courage, do not take one minute for granted, kiss your kids and extra 100 times today, tell your husband you love him, call your mom and dad, and live your faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing your sweet comments!!!